This scheme is under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India and NSS cell, Higher and technical education, Govt. of Maharashtra.
Motto of NSS: “NOT ME BUT YOU”
Aim of National Service Scheme: Development of personality of students through Community Service.
National Service Scheme (NSS) has been introduced at University as a part of the academic programs and since then NSS has been functioning as a regular feature in the domain of our university education. The overall objective of the scheme is educational and service to the community. It is the activity through which the objective is sought to be achieved. It is a student-cantered program in which projects are implemented by the NSS volunteers in the community in close collaboration with the community and thereby it provides vast scope for the student’s interaction with the people. The cardinal principle of the NSS program is that it is organized by the students themselves, and both students and teachers through their combined participation in community service, get a sense of involvement in the tasks of nation building.
What students should do to participate in NSS?
- Students should remain as a NSS member for minimum 2 years.
- Every year student should at least work for 120 hours.
- It’s mandatory for the students to attend a NSS camp.
- After working for 2 years (240 hour), students receive a certificate from the University.
- In the final year of the degree, students receive additional 10 marks for their efforts.
- Health Check Up camps
- Tree Plantation
- Blood Donation camp
- Guest (Expert) Lectures
- Swachata Abhiyan
- Constitution Day of India
- Marathi Bhasha Gaurav Din
- Hindi Din
- National Education Day
- National Voters day
- Reading Day
- Tourism Day